CBS 6 WRGB is the local CBS affiliate in Albany, NY. Here are links to the WRGB news feeds including local and breaking news for Albany and the Capital Region from CBS6News.
• Top Stories – The latest breaking news from CBS 6 WRGB
• Local News – News from around the Albany region
• Sports – Local and national sports news
• Local Weather – Weather forecast from CBS 6
• Live Doppler Radar – Live radar from CBS 6
• School Closings and Delays – Local school closings and delays from WBNG.com
• Positively Upstate – CBS 6 community stories
• Albany Traffic – Traffic updates from CBS 6
• Albany Crime Map – Crime map and reports from CBS 6
• News Video – News videos from CBS 6
About CBS 6 Albany
WRGB, channel 6, is a CBS-affiliated television station licensed to Schenectady, New York, United States and serving New York’s Capital District (Albany–Schenectady–Troy) as well as Berkshire County, Massachusetts. Owned by the Sinclair Broadcast Group, WRGB is part of a duopoly with CW affiliate WCWN (channel 45) and the two stations share studios on Balltown Road in Niskayuna, New York. WRGB’s transmitter is located on the Helderberg Escarpment west of New Salem, a hamlet of New Scotland. WCWN additionally carries a simulcast of WRGB’s main channel in 720p high definition on subchannel 45.3 for the convenience of UHF viewers who don’t receive WRGB’s VHF signal.
WRGB is most notable for being among the first experimental television stations in the world. It began with test broadcasts in early 1928. Later that year the first daily programs were broadcast. It later became one of a handful of television stations licensed for commercial broadcasting operation before the end of World War II.